image1 image2 image3 image4

HELLO I'M MELYNDA SORRELS|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE COFFEE|BOOKS|AND ALL THINGS FUNNY|THE MOST WASTED OF ALL DAYS IS ONE WITHOUT LAUGHTER - E.E. CUMMINGS

Buffalo Cauliflower


It just sounded so good. With the cold weather suddenly upon us, I can finally start using the oven without making the house unpleasant.




I found this recipe on Pinterest about a month ago and finally got around to making it today. 

Requiring so few ingredients, the only thing I had to pick up today was the cauliflower and the buffalo wing sauce.








The process itself wasn’t difficult, a little time consuming though. 



The amounts that the recipe called for were exactly half as much as were needed so I ended up doubling everything. No, I didn’t buy a gigantic head of cauliflower, it was medium-sized, it just didn’t seem to work out.

 The end result wasn't crisp and crunchy as I had hoped, but it was really good! (it actually wasn't crunchy at all)







Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower

Batter
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup water
Splash of buffalo sauce or hot sauce of your choice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried onion (I use Tastefully Simple's Onion Onion)
½ teaspoon salt

Buffalo Sauce
1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
6Tablespoons salted butter, melted
Pinch of salt

Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.


Wash your head of cauliflower and cut into pieces. Or, if you’re as strong as my husband is, press down on the head of cauliflower until it simply breaks into pieces.

Make the batter.

Coat each piece of cauliflower with the batter until fully and evenly coated.

Place onto a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray in a single layer.

Bake for about 15 minutes.

Make the sauce. This only takes a minute.

Brush the sauce over each piece of cauliflower when it comes out of the oven.

Place the tray back in the oven. I cooked them for 5 more minutes, but honestly a little longer might have been better. If you try for a longer time to crisp them up, keep an eye on them…..and let me know how it turns out!!


This recipe makes quite a bit. It’s good for 4 snacks or two meals.


Oh! And don’t knock over the bowl of sauce like I did!






Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment