image1 image2 image3 image4

HELLO I'M MELYNDA SORRELS|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE COFFEE|BOOKS|AND ALL THINGS FUNNY|THE MOST WASTED OF ALL DAYS IS ONE WITHOUT LAUGHTER - E.E. CUMMINGS

Oreo Dessert (for lack of anything smarter to call it)



I don’t usually write about food, it’s not really my thing, but this recipe is too good not to share. For the record, I am not a cook by any means, so if I post a recipe and have accomplished it successfully, it means it’s pretty foolproof.

A bit of warning in advance, this dessert is incredibly sweet, so much so, that most will not want more than one piece at a time. That being said, this is great if you’re having guests over.


Getting Started:
1 package of Oreos, any kind
6 tbsp butter or margarine
1 package of cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 8oz containers of Cool Whip
1 Large box (5.1oz) chocolate pudding.


Ok, this starts off with smooshing up an entire bag of Oreo Cookies. For the sake of simplicity, I used a potato masher and it worked just fine.








Neko helped me with this process by ensuring that the Oreo’s were safe for consumption. He’s such a helpful cat, I just don’t know what I’d do without him.







Once the Oreo’s are successfully destroyed and sampled, pour melted butter over them. This may need to be sampled again. At least Neko thinks so.




Press the Oreos into the bottom of a 13X9 pan.









Mix a block of cream cheese with a cup of powdered sugar. Trust me, this is much easier to do if you let the cream cheese sit out for an eternity first so that it can soften up.






Add an 8oz container of Cool Whip in and mix it up well.











Sample as needed...










Spread the mixture over the Oreos evenly. Easier said than done as the bits of cookie try desperately to stick to spatula.








Once it’s done, stick it into the freezer for 20 minutes.












Waiting is tough…










While it’s chilling in the freezer, make a large box of pudding.










Spread the pudding on next.














And back into the freezer it goes for another 20 minutes.









When it’s time to take it out, cover it with an entire small tub of Cool Whip.








Once the Cool Whip is in place, you can top it with whatever you like, though I don’t recommend something stupid like pepper or cherry tomatoes. I used Heath bits and it turned out awesome.


Now for the tough part. It’s supposed to sit in the refrigerator for 8 hours prior to serving. The first time I made this we said eff that and ate some immediately. The piece the second day was admittedly better.

Enjoy the sugar rush….




Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Neko looks so adorable!! Oh goodness, that last picture. Also, the oreo dessert was delicious :-D

    ReplyDelete